Thursday, August 20, 2009

DRINK O THE WEEK: LAZY SUMMER DAY


Lazy Summer Day recipe
This drink was invented by me, because I love how the orange smells from and tastes from the Grey Goose. I was sick and tired of having just vodka on the rocks so I took equal measures of each and put them over ice.Something didn't fit though, the ice weakened the initial spark that the drink had over time. After shaking it and putting it in a highball glass with a thin slice of orange floating on top I knew I had it. The drink was diluted so it didn't burn but also not so weak that you couldn't respect it.

2 oz Grey Goose® L'Orange vodka
2 oz Barenjager® honey liqueur
thinly sliced oranges

Pour both ingredients into a shaker. Strain and pour into a highball glass and garnish with an orange slice.

No comments: